The latest release from Elasticsearch is 1.6.0, which is based on Lucene 4.10.4. We recommend upgrading as soon as you can accomodate it in your environment. Kibana 4.1.0 is also available.
Qbox customers can contact Support to request an upgrade to either release. Read the short article below for more details on each.
This the latest stable version of Elasticsearch, and it contains many new features:
- Faster restarts with synced flushing
- Shard allocation no longer blocks tasks that are pending
- JSON response-body filtering
- Security fix for shared file-system repositories
- Upgrade API for ancient indexes
- More lenient highlighting for Kibana users
- mlockall for Windows users
- Finer granularity in script settings
Kibana 4.1.0 includes a number fixes and several new features, including logarithmic axis configuration, bubble charts, additional support for aggregations, and heat maps. Read more details in the Elastic docoumentation.
Qbox customers, please contact Support to request an upgrade, either to the latest version of Elasticsearch or Kibana.